Sunday, October 29, 2000

Release The Rain

On the edge
Hovering
How do I explain
What I’m feeling
At this very moment
And not release the rain?
It’s inside
Lurking there
Yearning to come down.
Leaking out
And when it does
Silent echoes will resound.
You’re here somewhere
I know You are
I just can’t seem to find
Where You’re at
Without losing my way
Or being left behind.
So many things are dealt with
Emotions I’m afraid to feel
When I’m scared that’s when Satan comes
To tell me You aren’t real.
But You, my God
You aren’t afraid
To let Your feelings show
In a beautiful spring day You made
Or in the winter snow.
Your tears don’t hinder
They encourage us to act
And not continue in this life
Forever sliding off-track.
So I’ll let ‘em fall
If it’ll take me deeper
They can slide
If it’ll make me stronger.
Drop to my knees and pray:
Release the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I always love hearing from you!