Sunday, April 15, 2001

Heart Cry

Open my eyes to Your truth
Bring me back to Your side
I long for a passion
But fail every time I try
Reaching for the highest point
Realizing my heart’s not strong
Longing to go deeper
But needing to hold on
I can’t go anywhere without You
Can’t stay where I’ve been
I must let go of all I’ve known
To follow You again
Break the shell around me
That holds me captive now
Let me see Your true form
Someone, show me how!
Climbing up just to get broken
I want to fly again
With only You beside me
With You I’m diving in
Don’t leave me here alone
Please lift me off my face
Hold me in Your arms
And point me to Your grace
I choose life, to follow You
No matter what it takes
I will fall and get back up
Though my heart may ache
I’m following You
You’re calling out
You’re covering me
And I’m finally free

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I always love hearing from you!