Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Safe

This is what I dread:
A sweeping wind,
A destroyer of everything
I could ever call mine.
This is what I dream of
When I remember:
A terrible sense of
Being out of control,
Losing the ground beneath me
A siren so loud inside me.
So now, somehow,
These two have merged.
They are connected inside me:
This fear of losing
And
My dreams.
In these moments,
When I am afraid
Of the sounds and
The loss
And of being
Out of control,
I remember.
I know that even though
Circumstances may look
Or be
Scary and loud,
And even though
I cannot control them,
Someone else is in control.
Someone else I can always trust.
Someone who tells the wind
Where to go.
Someone who knows
The fear I carry
Over the people I
Almost lost.
He knows.
And He is in control.
And with Him
I am always
Safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I always love hearing from you!