Thursday, September 21, 2000

Through The Fire

It consumes me
A driving desire
To serve You, O God
And walk through the fire.
Put to death
What is not of You
Lord, raise me up
For I will walk through.
Complacency
Has no place anymore
God, cast it out
As I go through the door.
The pain is intense
My head bows in shame
As flesh is stripped by
What was just a flame.
I want all You have
The hunger is deep
But we’re so far removed
We should kneel and weep.
I love You so much
I want to climb higher
So in order to burn
I will walk through the fire.
Let’s throw of it all
You get what you give
‘Cause it’s impossible
To see You and live.
With eyes heavenward
Don’t abandon the chase
For when the smoke clears
You will see His face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I always love hearing from you!