Tuesday, May 15, 2001

Between Now And Forever

When I opened my eyes
And looked around
All I saw was darkness
And fear
A void with no end
And no beginning
Had me trapped
There was no escape
Now I come before Him
And pray that His release
Would fall upon my heart
Captivate my soul
It didn’t come so quick
As I would have liked
Waiting, suspended
Between now and forever
And though I prayed again
For my freedom
That He’d deliver me
The answer was still slow to come
What could I do
But stand here alone
Caught in the hopelessness
No chance of light
I got on my knees
Wasn’t giving up yet
“Lord, I need You
Please show Yourself
Tell me that I am
The one You desire
Let nothing else stand in
Our way”
I stood in the darkness yet again
But words echoed in my head
“I already love you
I just need your trust”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I always love hearing from you!