Friday, June 23, 2000

Hearing Voices

I hear a voice
Can’t help but wonder
Did you sound like that?
Even though I
Have peace and hope
Knowing where you’re at.
For Jesus is
The King of Kings,
He loved you so much.
Now it is He
Who cares for you
And feels your true touch.
Cloudy skies when
The rain so soft falls
Lightly to the earth.
Sometimes I look up
And wonder how much
This is really worth.
To sit down here
And weep for you, ten
Thousand tears, I’m sure,
When all the while
What I want is to be
With you one day more.
Deep inside, I
Scream and shout because
I want this to end.
A life is lost
An angel made
Of my cherished friend.
But when my grief
Comes blinding me in
Unrelenting waves,
I remember
How my sweet Jesus
Mercifully saves.
I’m thinking now,
And I know that
Jesus felt such joy
Enveloping
Gently in His arms,
You, His little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I always love hearing from you!