Sunday, July 2, 2000

The Power Of God's Love

Every day, I am amazed
I think, “How can this be?”
That God showed you the love He had
And you gave that to me.
A simple thing,
I know you think
It isn’t very much.
And now I finally understand
That you don’t have a magic touch.
But what you do have
Is much greater than any worldly thing.
You have love, which comes from God,
Our Father, Lord, and King.
I was on my way to God-knows-where
When you reached out a hand
To lend support and comfort
And to help me understand.
In your obedience
And your choice,
I heard God speaking
Through your voice.
There is one verse I remember,
“I am weak, then I am strong.”
You quoted that and I realized
To Him I do belong.
Discovering God’s love again
I could finally see
God had a plan for my life on earth,
And that knowledge set me free.
So if there’s one thing I want to do
Before God takes me home,
It’s to do for someone what you did for me
With the kindness and love I’ve been shown.
I thank God that He sent down
An angel to turn my life around.
I’m more grateful for what you’ve done,
Because I understand the race you run.
But if we are determined and persevere,
We have no reason at all to fear.
He is guiding your steps,
Making your path
I believe we’ll be friends for now
And many years after.
You are a precious gift from God
He sent to do His best.
For the work He’s done through you,
I’ll be forever blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I always love hearing from you!