Saturday, January 27, 2001

This Life

This life hurts more than anything
I can’t express how it feels
To know that now I could be different
Just like everyone else.

Nothing’s different and I’m still weak
I couldn’t believe, now I’m falling again.
Everyone stared and expected something
But they didn’t see what they wanted.

I couldn’t believe so I’m stuck in this life
God could heal me, but I was too scared.
I doubted too much and nothing changed,
Every time I take a step I’m filled with Sadness.

I’m not blaming God, please understand
He did His part; the rest was mine.
I didn’t want to fall, but now here I am
Ground’s coming up faster than ever before.

It rips me apart to live in this life
With nothing to hope for on earth.
All I can pray for is peace and mercy
So maybe I’ll still get my wings.

I’m not giving up I’ve just fallen down
Not blaming God, cause I know it’s not Him
Still clinging to this life even though it hurts
‘Cause what else is there if you don’t have God?

Fighting to climb it and to stay strong
Tears flow in secret where nobody sees,
I know I can make it through somehow
I’ll find His hand again in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I always love hearing from you!