Friday, May 7, 2021

Schedule of Events

 To bed around one-thirty 
And up again at ten
Write four days
And take off three
And then we start again.

Reading every book 
In sight
For fifteen-minute
Spans

Then watching every
Show we stream
To see just 
How it lands

Showers down from
Every day --
Three times a week
To two.

So if I stink
You'll never know --
I'm quarantining
Too.

Yes, I just rhymed
Two and too
I am aware of 
That.

It's a 
Pandemic
Not a contest --
Nor fiction
Over fact.

And in the evening
Snacks and coffee
When we watch
Even more
Shows.

We listen to 
Emma Hunton
Sing to us
Of Elphie's woes.

We talk to friends and
Read the writing
We watch the shows
And dim the 
Lighting.

And as the 
Avocado
Lamp fades
Around us
Turning our spaces
Deliciously dark

We talk and process
And lose ourselves
In other
Worlds
Using
Our own
Spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I always love hearing from you!