Monday, December 4, 2000

My Child

Lift me up and take me away
Into a world of grace today
All I have is just a song ‘cause
All I used to know is gone
I turned my back on You
Thought You didn’t care
I lived my life in such a way
You’d never want me back
So You can’t see
Who I wanna be
Who I should have been
And all I lack
Today I’m starting my life over
I can’t fight it anymore
Uncertain, I step toward the light
I want to believe everything’s all right
Someone told me that You love me
Told me that I could be free
In my head, I can’t believe it
But in my heart, I wanna receive it
I can’t take it anymore
My heart’s in pieces on the floor
I pick it up and try in vain
But I can’t fix it up again
My hands are torn and bleeding
From the fragments on the ground
Kneeling at Your feet to pray
That’s when I finally heard You say
“My child”
Lift me up and take me away
I’m in a world of grace today
Nothing to lose (except my life)
Everything to gain!
I knew it when I heard you say
“My child”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I always love hearing from you!