Thursday, December 14, 2000

Upright

I am the one left standing
My faith is like a child
My family has fallen down
Yet I stand on weakened legs
Scattered about on the floor
The pieces of their faith
Cruelly shattered by doubt and fear
Fragments lie around tiny feet
They don’t understand
How I can believe and see
But how can they live in this
And honestly have happiness?
Why I am still standing
Is a mystery to me because
In theory, I should be with them
Broken. Yet this is not so.
In the same environment
Seven lives took start
But they all went down different paths
So here I stand alone -
Giving up is not an option
Falling isn’t forward momentum
I don’t just stand but take a step
Tentatively into the future
I know they’ll come to know the truth.
I am the one left standing
My faith is like a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I always love hearing from you!